Guidance Office Assistant - Mrs. Arbuthnot (613) 829-5320 ext 518
Guidance counsellors serve students by providing them with counselling and support in educational choices, career goals and personal concerns. Parents are encouraged to be part of their child's educational and career planning and may contact Student Services by phone or email. Attached is a General Overview of Student Services.
• selecting high school courses
• addressing timetable concerns
• dealing with difficulties in learning, studying or time management
• exploring educational opportunities after high school
• assisting students with post-secondary applications
• helping students access financial assistance through OSAP, scholarships and bursaries
• exploring potential career options
• finding sources of information on careers- internet and text-based
• participating in programs which provide students with work-related opportunities
• dealing with personal concerns and exploring alternatives and/or solutions
• referring to community services as required
Planning for Post Secondary Education
Students should consult university/college websites
The Student Success Program focuses on students who need additional help to be successful in their courses. Support from a Student Success Teacher may be offered in various forms including lunchtime help, credit recovery or credit rescue. Consideration for credit rescue and credit recovery is by referral.